The 10th World Peace Choir Festival in Vienna
25 Jul 2019 – 28 Jul 2019, Vienna
Dear choral singers and friends,
Greetings from the 10th World Peace Choir Festival (www.wpcf.at)!
From 25th – 28th July 2019 Vienna will be once again the stage for choirs from around the world.
Your choir is welcome to participate at this unique choral event in the capital of music, supported by the Austrian federal government authorities, the city government of Vienna, the famous Vienna Boys Choir, and the United Nations Headquarters in Vienna, NGOs, enterprises and a series of personalities.
One of the festival’s highlights will be the Closing Ceremony in the world-renowned “Golden Hall” of the Musikverein on July 28th. Other highlights will be the Opening Ceremony in Vienna’s most famous church and landmark: St. Stephen’s Cathedral on July 25th, concerts in the St. Peter’s Church on July 25th and performance in the UNO-City on July 26th. In addition to the concerts, workshops will be organized under the leadership of Prof.Gerald Wirth, artistic director of the Vienna Boys’ Choir.
Dr. Heinz Fischer, The Federal president of Republic Austria, took over the patronage of the festival.
Under the slogan “Coming together to sing, Singing for a better future” the World Peace Choral Festival aims to provide a platform to communicate and improve intercultural understandings.
Ten is a number full of excellence and fruitfulness, so allow us to highlight some great achievements along the road we have traveled during the past 10 years:
- More than 300 choirs from all of the world participated in the festival;
- More than 300 concerts and events have been held in front of the Viennese and international audience;
- More than 300 master classes and workshops were given to the choirs by the conductors of the Vienna Boys Choir and famous Austrian choral experts;
- The United Nations Headquarters in Vienna has been supporting the event since its beginning and invited all choirs to perform at UN Vienna each year; and
- Donations to UNICEF by the young participants of more than 20,000€ have been helping the children in needs around the world!
The deadline for submitting applications is 30 April 2019. Welcome!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.
On behalf of Uniart Media