Zimriya 2020 – The Sacred & Profane choral festival
21 Jun 2020 – 25 Jun 2020, Acre
The Zimriya, celebrating 68 years, will hold one of most important musical & cultural events in 2020, in the subterranean Crusaders Knights’ Halls and open areas, in the spectacular historic town of Acre.
Workshops of Liturgical music, led by renowned conductors, as well as public concerts and ‘Choir to Choir’ performances, will be held day and night throughout the festival; ‘Open Stage Performances’ of choirs and singing groups and ensembles will take place in the pathways of old Acre.
The Workshops & Masterclasses:
- Ludwig Böhme, Germany Ernest Bloch, Avodat Kodesh
- Timothy Brown, Great Britain Hebrew Renaissance & Baroque
- Shura Lipovski, the Netherlands Di Goldene Pave, Yiddish Songs
- Zoli Frank, Israel Hai-Di-Di-Dai – Hassidic songs
- Rami Barber, Israel Hebrew Carols
- Aharon Harlap, Israel Requiem (Hebrew & Latin)
- Mati Lazar, USA Yehzkel Brown, 3 psalms- Pessac songs
- Yuval Ben Ozer, Israel David’s Lyre (Kinoro shel David) for equal voices
- Pnina Inbar, Israel Hebrew Folk Songs
Alternating Daily Workshops: Ladino, Body language, Sol & Voice etc.
Night concerts: will be held every night at the Knights’ Halls, Old Acre
Open Stage: choirs, ensembles and singing group’s performances
‘Choir to Choir’ performances: daily in the subterranean Crusaders Knights’ Halls.
Night Celebration with Beer and wine – Singing and dancing into the night