All activities promoted by the European Choral Association – Europa Cantat are based on the following principles:
- Activities for choirs and singers organised by or in partnership with ECA-EC are non-competitive. Among the activities promoted there can be special competitions or educational offers in relation to competitions, especially if they are members of the Choral Festival Network.
- Activities for choirs and singers organised by or in partnership with ECA-EC have an educational aspect (which can be training courses, workshops, choir-to-choir concerts, open singing or other elements which help participants improve their level).
- Activities for choirs and singers organised by or in partnership with ECA-EC are international, welcoming participants from outside the host country and providing information and activities in English for an important part of the programme.
Types of activities published under the label of ECA-EC
Activities of the European Choral Association
These activities are designed by ECA-EC and travel between different countries.
They have a typical structure that remains the same with some aspects adapted each time. ECA-EC is involved in the artistic design and in the most important decision-making processes, furthermore, the participation fees include reduced fees for direct and indirect members of ECA-EC as well for participants from specific country groups (ECA-EC fee system based on a solidarity principle). Such activities are:
- EUROPA CANTAT festival
- EUROPA CANTAT junior
- World Youth Choir
- Conferences in connection with our annual General Assembly
- Competition for young choral conductors
- European award for choral composers
Activities in partnership with the European Choral Association
Events for choirs, singers, conductors, composers and managers with differing and flexible structure and programmes. The artistic programme is developed in partnership with ECA-EC and the participation fees are based on the ECA-EC solidarity system.
- International Masterclass for Choral Conductors, 9 – 15 August 2021 | Malmö [SE]
- 11th European Academy for Choral Conductors, 29 August – 5 September 2021 | Fano [IT]
- Choralies 2022, Vaison-la-Romaine [FR]
Activities from the network, promoted by the European Choral Association
Different types of choral events that ECA-EC has decided to promote since they follow the three principles described above. The concept, structure and artistic programme are developed by the local organisers alone and ECA-EC has no responsibility for the quality of these events.
If you are interested to organise an activity in cooperation with us please contact our office under: communication@EuropeanChoralAssociation.org