All activities promoted by the European Choral Association – Europa Cantat are based on the following principles:
- Activities for choirs and singers organised by ECA-EC or in partnership are non-competitive. Among the activities promoted there can be special competitions or educational offers in relation to competitions, especially if they are members of the Choral Festival Network
- Have an educational aspect (which can be training course, workshops, choir-to-choir concerts, open singing or other elements which help participants improve their level)
- Are International, welcoming participants from outside the host country and providing information and activities in English for an important part of the programme
Types of activities published under the label of ECA-EC:
Activities of the European Choral Association – Europa Cantat
These activities are designed by ECA-EC and travel among different countries.
They have a typical structure which remains the same with some aspects adapted each time. ECA-EC is involved in the artistic design and in the most important decision-making processes, furthermore the participation fees include reduced fees for direct and indirect members of ECA-EC as well for participants from specific country groups (ECA-EC fee system based on a solidarity principle). Such activities are:
- EUROPA CANTAT festival
- EUROPA CANTAT festival junior
- World Youth Choir
- Conferences in connection with the annual ECA-EC General Assembly
- Competition for young choral conductors
- European award for choral composers
Activities in partnership with the European Choral Association – Europa Cantat
Events for choirs, singers, conductors, composers and managers with differing and flexible structure and programmes. The artistic programme is developed in partnership with ECA-EC and the participation fees are based on the ECA-EC solidarity system.
Activities from the network, promoted by the European Choral Association – Europa Cantat
Different types of choral events that ECA-EC has decided to promote since they follow the three principle described above. The concept, structure and artistic programme are developed by the local organisers alone and ECA-EC has no responsibility for the quality of these events.
If you are interested to organise an activity in cooperation with us please contact our office under info@EuropeanChoralAssociation.org