For applicants under 30 with limited economic resources coming from an European Country
The Noël Minet Fund scholarship offers funding to applicants under 30 with limited economic resources to participate to our cooperation events or to events held under our label.
We especially encourage applicants from target countries of our Regional Development Strategy to send us their candidatures, though applicants from other European countries can also apply.
The amount of the scholarship generally ranges from 300 to 500 (please note that the higher amount is rarely awarded as we try to give opportunities to as many deserving candidates as possible).
Since 2021, the Noël Minet Fund is administered by the Friends of the European Choral Association.
Applications for the following events in 2024 are currently open:
- Walter Strauss Choral Conducting Masterclass | Ankara, Türkiye | 22-28 January 2024
- Study Tour to the 100th Anniversary of the Lithuanian Song Celebration | Vilnius, Lithuania | 2-7 July 2024
- European Seminar for composer | Aosta, Italy | 14-21 July 2024
- Study Tour to Georgia | Tbilisi, Georgia | 14-20 September 2024
- Study Tour to Armenia | Yerevan, Armenia | 20-26 September 2024
(also possible to apply only for the Georgian or the Armenian part of the tour)
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply by filling this application form form with:
- Reasons for applying
- Information if they have applied for or will receive other funds
- Total budget with participation fees, travel, accommodation, meals and scores
- Plans on how to share the new knowledge and experience with their local community afterwards
- 2 recommendations
Deadlines for application:
20/11/2023 for events happening in January 2024 ( Walter Strauss Choral Conducting Masterclass in Ankara, Türkiye)
30/4/2023 for the other events happening from July to December 2024
The Noël Minet Fund depends on the generosity of donors to achieve its objects. If you wish to support this work, please transfer your donation to the following account, indicating your name and the reference.
“Donation Noël Minet Fund”
Bank Sparkasse KoelnBonn
IBAN: DE 0237 0501 9819 2985 8932
(European Choral Association – Europa Cantat)
Previous Scholarship Recipients
Jovana Kuzmanović | World Symposium for Choral Music in Istanbul Report
Tisa Mrhar | World Symposium for Choral Music in Istanbul Report
Julija Uzunova | World Symposium for Choral Music in Istanbul Report
Phoebe Bitoon | (Inter) national Congress for Conductors Report
Ahmet Can Kızılcan | EuroChoir Report
Hannah Ewald | EuroChoir Report
Noemi | 12th Choir Academy on Orchestra Conducting Report
Kuo-Jen, Mao | Lithuanian Choral Music Study Tour Report
From the morning keynote presentations, lectures, workshops, reading sessions, panels, roundtables and the EXPO to the afternoon and evening concerts there was never a dull moment.
World Symposium for Choral Music 2023