“In training, there is no winning or losing. There is only Learning.” – Tucker Max
The Choral TIES project offers Cross-border Training on International and European level for professionals in the field of Collective Singing. The project runs from 1 December 2023 to 31 May 2026. It is coordinated by the European Choral Association and will receive 186 649.00 € of co-funding from the European Union.
In addition to physical, hybrid and online training for choral conductors / vocal leaders and managers, Choral TIES promotes youth participation and aims to provide training adapted to different needs and contexts, to train the trainers and others working in the field and to introduce a new online training tool.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Choral TIES aims to benefit hundreds of professionals within the European Union, in other European countries and beyond through:
- making use of new technology and digital tools for training
- strengthening international cooperation in the field of collective singing, especially with EU neighbours
- using online and hybrid training formats to support access and environmental sustainability
The Choral TIES project activities include:
- webinars organised by each of the project partners for choral conductors / vocal leaders, managers and composers
- hybrid and physical trainings, for example in the Baltic and Balkan regions and at Leading Voices 2025
- A peer-to-peer training offering European conductors the opportunity to work with choirs on other continents
- the development of an international youth network through the European Choral Association Youth Committee and YOUNG IFCM, as well as the YOUNG programme at the IFCM World Choral Expo and the Leading Voices YEMP programme
- cross-border workshops and study tours to selected countries, including Georgia and Armenia in 2024 and Lebanon in 2025
Resources planned for development in the project include:
- guidelines on how to organise training activities
- the digital training tool “conductors coach” into several languages
- audiovisual documentation and recordings of streamed hybrid and online courses
Re-visit this page for updates!