Emerging Professionals: Internationalisation of music Careers
The project provides emerging musicians with invaluable skills and professional experience that complement their formal training, and can help them boost their career at the international level.
The vision of the EPIC project is to:
- Prove the value and impact of auditioned youth music ensembles for the professionalisation and internationalisation of careers
- Improve the training of emerging professional
- Foster the creation of new ensembles across Europe
Learn more about the project
EP:IC will test and validate new approaches that could be eventually disseminated and implemented at a larger scale, to benefit the mobility of artists in Europe over a generation.
This project is supported by an action plan articulating five main lines:
- A data collection, mapping the career path of former members of auditioned youth ensembles (orchestras and choirs)
- An involvement of the EuroChoir and the World Youth Choir as laboratories for providing new skills through capacity building, active networking with stakeholders and with peers
- The networking of existing and potential National Youth Choirs’ organisers, to exchange best practices and cooperation opportunities. We’ll set up specific ateliers gathering the singers themselves in an international context
- Online capacity building sessions for emerging artists
- Dissemination of the results along events gathering relevant stakeholders.
Collective music making is a powerful tool to bring people and nations together.
As Europeans, we have a duty to foster the circulation of the next generation of artists in a sustainable, systemic way.
The EP:IC project is a first milestone along this promising path.
The project runs from 1 November 2019 to 31 December 2021.
You will find below a simplified timeline of the activities foreseen.
|November 2019||Project meeting||Slovenia|
|April/May 2020||Online capacity building on professionalisation||Ireland|
|July/August 2020||EuroChoir session||Ireland|
|July August 2020||BTHVN 2020: Rehearsal session and first Concert|
of the World Youth Choir and German Federal
Youth Orchestra (Bundesjugendorchester)
|November 2020||Marketplace meeting with decision makers||Ireland|
|November 2020||Project meeting 2||Ireland|
|April/May 2021||Round Table of National Youth Choirs||Online|
|June 2021||Online capacity building on professionalisation||Online|
|July 2021||JM Global Conference||Switzerland|
|July 2021||EuroChoir in Switzerland||Switzerland|
|July 2021||EuroChoir in EUROPA CANTAT festival||Slovenia|
|July 2021||EUROPA CANTAT: Ateliers for the National Youth Choirs||Slovenia|
|July 2021||EUROPA CANTAT: Conductors and Composers|
|July 2021||EUROPA CANTAT: Marketplace and presentation|
of first results of data collection
|July 2021||EUROPA CANTAT: Round Table of National Youth|
|November 2021||EUROPA CANTAT: Project meeting 3||Lithuania|
The project is coordinated by the European Choral Association in partnership with:
- World Youth Choir foundation
- German Federal Youth Orchestra (Bundesjugendorchester)
- Schweizerische Föderation Europa Cantat (SFEC)
- EFNYO: European Federation of National Youth Orchestras
- EBU European Broadcasting Union for radio journalists
- Members of the European Choral Association
- Members of the JM International network