Vaison-la-Romaine, France | 1 – 9 August 2019
Organisers: À Coeur Joie France in cooperation with the European Choral Association
EuroChoir is a special choir project to promote the networking of talented young singers at the European level, and to foster the emergence of the next generation of talents.
Organised every year in a different country, EuroChoir offers the opportunity to young singers to get together to rehearse a challenging program with renowned conductors, improve their vocal skills and present the results of their work in public concerts.
Deadline for applications: 6 March 2019
To kick-start the three years cycle a “lighter” session is organised in 2019 during Choralies.
Some first ideas about the repertoire developed over the next cycle (subject to change!)
- Thomas Jennefelt: Warning to the rich
- K. A. Arnesen: Even when he is silent
- Pärt Uusberg: For Katrina’s sun-dial
- An old Hbrew hymn
- Folke Rabe: Rondes
- Max Reger: from Acht geistliche Gesänge: Der Mensch lebt und besteht, Nachtlied and others.
- And other pieces by Johannes Brahms, Murray Schafer, Matthew Harris.
Who can apply?
Young singers between 18 and 30 years old
Good sight readers ready to prepare scores in advance
English will be the working language
Why join the EuroChoir 2019?
Experience a summer in France!
The city is located between Lyon and Marseille, between the alps and the Cevennes, a perfect place to start or end your vacations in France.
Experience the Choralies Festival!
Experience the EuroChoir!
Experience working with Yuval Weinberg!
Yuval has received several awards as a conductor: the first prize at the chamber choir competition in Marktoberdorf 2017 with his Oslo-based chamber choir ‘NOVA’, the prize for the best conductor, the International choral conducting competition in Wroclaw in 2014 and the ‘Gary Bertini Award for young Israeli conductors’ in 2015.
Price and conditions: 42€ per day, all inclusive!
Check the website of the Choralies festival: https://choralies.fr/en/
The selected singers will be welcomed as normal participants of the festival, under the normal conditions for youth:
- Arrival 1 august 2019 – departure 10 August 2019
- Work sessions in the morning 09:00 to 12:00
- Participation to the night of choirs
- A concert on the 8th
- Collective accommodation in collective tents on the campground of the festival
- Meals with the participants
- Access to other activities and concerts in the theater antique.
The normal participation fee of the festival applies: 380€
You can apply for a scholarship of the Noel Minet Fund.
Please contact Cécile at the Choralies Festival for more information about the conditions and procedure
Tip: the Choralies participation fees are cheaper if you register before the end of January. Don’t miss the early-bird deadline!
How to Apply?
1) Fill in the application form before
28th February 2019 6 March 2019
- an audio recording of the bars 1-26 (with dynamics) of Max Reger, Nachtlied [Score available here for free]
- an audio recording of scales (your singing range) using different vowels
- a photo
- [optional] letters of support by organisation(s)
- [optional] letters of support by conductor(s) or teacher(s)
Please clearly name your files with LastName_FirstName_filecontent (ex: Weinberg_Yuval_scales.mp3).
The singers will be selected in early spring and informed right away.
Departure on the 10 August 2019
You will eat with all the festival participants in the festival catering (French food!).
Time to register!