European seminar for choral composers – 13th edition
14 Jul 2024 – 22 Jul 2024, Aosta
The European seminar is a professional masterclass on choir composition, taking place in Aosta (Italy) on 14-21 July 2024.
Application by 15th April 2024 (soon available)
- The seminar is addressed to composers and choir conductors with experience in writing and composition.
- It is possible to register as an active participant or as listener. The course is open to a maximum number of 20 active participants (10 for each workshop).
- The lecturers will select the participants based on: curriculum with qualifications and experiences highlighted, two choral compositions that will have to be attached at the application form.
- The week will consist in individual and group lessons for a total of approximately 7 hours per day starting from Monday.
- For the entire duration of the seminar, the active participants will have at their disposal two pilot choirs, conducted by the lecturers of the workshops that will have the task to perform the compositions in progress.
- The seminar will end on Saturday 20 July with an evening concert at Teatro Splendor (Aosta, Via B. Festaz 82) performing some of pieces composed during the week and selected by the lecturers.
- The working language will be english.
- The lessons will be held in Aosta at the Fondazione Maria Ida Viglino (Aosta, Via S. Giocondo 8) and at the Convitto Regionale Federico Chanod (Aosta, Via Cretier 2).
- The arrival of the participants is expected on the afternoon of Sunday 14 July (there are no lessons but an opening concert is scheduled in the evening). The departure on the morning of Sunday 21 July.
For 2024 edition two workshop on original composition for choirs will be activated and will be taught by Bob Chilcott (UK) and Tadeja Vulc (Slovenia).
More details will be published soon.