organised in collaboration with
the Lithuanian National Cultural Centre & the Lithuanian Choral Association
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the beautiful city of Vilnius in November!
In 2023, our annual Membership Weekend will consist of:
- our Membership Day with a hybrid project presentation session and 6 discussion rounds to choose from on November 17
- networking time, time to meet your friends and make new contacts
- our formal General Assembly for members and indirect members on November 18
- a workshop on how to make your events more accessible / inclusive and more environmentally friendly
- a Lithuanian Folk Music Workshop
- concerts with Lithuanian choirs
- time to discover the charm of the old town of Vilnius
For two days you will thus have a unique chance to interact, learn, sing and meet with your fellow choral enthusiasts.
This is also your opportunity to contribute to the future of the European Choral Association!
DETAILED PROGRAMME (subject to changes!)
Discover Vilnius on your arrival day if you have time / Thursday, 16/11/2023
All those wishing to attend our Membership Day should plan to arrive on Thursday, November 16. On this day you will have time to discover Vilnius and meet and greet other members. Dinner will
not be organised on Thursday.
Membership Day / Friday, 17/11/2023 morning
Hybrid Project Presentation session at 10:00
After evaluating the online project presentation session and the Membership Weekend 2022 we decided our Membership Weekend in Vilnius can still present projects and/or watch the presentation online. We’re looking for interesting, innovative and inspiring projects, including future projects for which you are looking for partners. Presenters must be members, indirect members (members of member organisations or of the Friends) or coming from a target country of our Regional Development Strategy.
Project presentations have to be submitted by 30/09/23 through this google form: https://forms.gle/w8r4XRQafmxoZWhL9
Introduction to Discussion Rounds at 11:30
Before lunch we will introduce the discussion rounds of the afternoon, to help you make a choice.
Membership Day / Friday, 17/11/2022 afternoon
Discussion rounds between 14.00 and 16:30
Representatives of the member organisations and indirect members of the European Choral Association are invited to talk about the future of our association, bring in new ideas and develop new models with their peers. We will offer 6 discussion groups in 2 slots, inviting participants to:
1. as “newcomers” discover the history, strategy & activities of the European Choral Association
2. discuss cooperation within our sector – how can we “break down walls” between different genres, between professionals and amateurs or between the performers and the audience?
3. learn about and discuss gender diversity in the choral sector with our Youth Committee
4. find out what choirs and event organisers wrote about their wishes and challenges and contribute with their own experience (based on surveys from April/May 2023)
5. brainstorm on topics that national and regional choir associations could talk about with their members or train them on, and on possible solutions (e.g. how to deal with the lack of boys and men in amateur choirs? / how to deal with changes in the singers’ lives that impact their participation in choirs? / how to engage choirs and conductors in advocacy work?)
6. become creative and imagine they were founding the European Choral Association today and designing its main events and activities – what would this be?
Moderated networking time with coffee at 16.30
Dinner / Concert with Jauna Muzika in the Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas Lukiškės church at 20.00, followed by optional visit of the prison
General Assembly / Saturday, 18/11/23, morning, 9.30-12.30 (tbc)
As usual, we will look back on the last year, including everything we achieved in our new network funding project IGNITE, co-funded by the EU Creative Europe programme, and other activities during the past 12 months. And we will look ahead at our plans for the years 2024 and beyond.
Time to learn and discover – Saturday, 18/11/23, afternoon
Workshop on “Making your events more environmentally sustainable and inclusive” and opportunity to learn Lithuanian repertoire to sing along in the evening concert
On Saturday afternoon we will move to the Lithuanian National Culture Center for an afternoon of finding out how to make your events more environmentally sustainable and inclusive or learning some Lithuanian Folk Music to prepare a sing-along in the evening’s concert. It is time to shape our future and learn how we can contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals: Sophie Dowden (UK/FR) and a second speaker to be confirmed will offer you tips and tricks on how you can make your events more environmentally sustainable and more inclusive in future.
In parallel singers and conductors will have the chance work with a Lithuanian conductor and learn some Lithuanian Folk Songs they will be able to sing along in the evening concert.
Reception in the Town Hall and concert by Liepaitės Girls Choir at 19h (tbc.)
HOW TO REGISTER
HOW TO REGISTER?
To attend the event, please fill in the online application form under https://forms.gle/3Nn4tHxJtguB7YUa9
Deadline 30 September 2023
The detailed programme, practical information for your stay and necessary documents for the General Assembly will be sent out to registered delegates beginning of October 2023.
Please note that English will be the main working language of the General Assembly, Membership Day and Conference, but individual support may be provided if needed and possible.
Free participation for participants from Central-Eastern and South-Eastern Europe
In order to increase the involvement of (potential) member organisations Central-Eastern and South-Eastern Europe in the activities of the association we have the opportunity, within the frame of IGNITE, to offer a free participation including accommodation and meals as well as a subsidy to the travel expenses for maximum 1 representative per organisation and a total maximum of 4 grants.
If you are interested in such a grant, please contact us before September 15th 2023 at Jozi.Vovk@EuropeanChoralAssociation.org.
The fee includes meals as described below, as well as all coffee breaks, concerts and performances on Friday and Saturday, and participation in the different events. It does NOT include accommodation.
Fee per participant for representatives of member organisations, indirect members and members of the Friends of the European Choral Association (non-members pay 20 € in addition):
Full package: Participation including Membership Day and lunch on Friday
Country Group 1: 135€
Country Group 2: 45 €
Country Group 3: 25 €
Small package: Participation without Membership Day and lunch on Friday
Country Group 1: 115€
Country Group 2: 40€
Country Group 3: 20 €
Check the Country Group list here!
Please note that you will have to pay the participation fee if you cancel your participation short- term! Please note that we are not responsible for the cancellation rules of the hotel, we suggest that you take a travel insurance.
For the environment: If you know in advance, even if we can unfortunately not reduce costs for
single meals, please let us know if you are planning NOT to attend a meal so that we do not need to
waste so much food.
All information can be found in the invitation below:
in cooperation with: